IFABL Annual Conference 2018 - Full Member/Associates Ticket
|Location||The Queens Hotel, City Square, Leeds LS1 1PJ||Duration||2 days|
|Start Date||01/05/2018||End Date||02/05/2018|
|Prices||£650 + VAT Full Conference 2 Day Ticket (Members and Affiliates only)|
CONFERENCE FULL TICKET - MEMBERS/AFFILIATES Book now for the 2018 Conference in Leeds. Never has the concept of ‘change as the only constant’ been more applicable for SMEs and the businesses that support them.
Shifting Horizons: Thriving through significant change.
“Change is the only constant”: never has this concept been more applicable for SMEs and the businesses that support them! We are delighted to announce that tickets are now available for this year's Invoice Finance & Asset Based Lending Conference in Leeds. The annual focal point for the sector, this conference enables firms from across the industry, who provide finance and support services to client businesses, to share the latest insights and knowledge in a comfortable business environment with peers and colleagues. With a fantastic list of speakers to be revealed in the coming weeks, this year’s agenda will include:
- Supporting complex supply chains: lessons from the Carillion fallout
- The latest news on GDPR: compliance, control & confidentiality
- Cyber warfare and fraud: exploiting points of weakness
... as well as updates on the Professional Standards Council, working with SMEs, the Northern Powerhouse and a showcase of the technologies disrupting our increasingly diverse financial services landscape. The opening reception, at Leeds City Museum on Tuesday 1st May, will begin two days of focused networking and knowledge-sharing, with the following day’s conference and gala dinner hosted by financial journalist and broadcaster, Naga Munchetty, known to many as a regular presenter on BBC Breakfast, BBC News Channel and BBC World. Starting out in print journalism, Naga wrote for the City Pages of the Evening Standard, and for the Business section of the Observer.
Agenda Tuesday 1 May 2018 - Leeds City Museum
From 18:30- Welcome Reception with special guest speaker: Councillor Jane Dowson, Lord Mayor of Leeds
Wednesday 2 May 2018 - Queens Hotel, Leeds
08:30 Registration opens; coffee & networking
09:25 Welcome Remarks:
- Naga Munchetty, Journalist and Broadcaster
- Jeff Longhurst, MD Membership, Events & Training, UK Finance
09:40 Opening Address: The Northern Powerhouse
- Alastair Watson, Head of Corporate Banking, West & North Yorkshire, Barclays
10:05 Industry Update: Commercial Banking, Invoice Finance and Asset Based Lending
- Stephen Pegge, MD Commercial Finance, UK Finance, will discuss the direction of travel for the commercial finance sector and share the latest updates from UK Finance.
10:25 Professional Standards Council: Update by the Chair
- Lucy Armstrong, will provide members with the latest news
10:45 Digital Disruptors: Lightning Talk #1: How 'Voice' is Changing 'Search'
- Jonny Ross, Digital Strategist, Fleek Marketing
11:00 Digital Disruptors - Lightning Talk #2: The Future of Digital Business Accounts
- Colm Lyon, Founder & CEO, Fire.com
11:15 Coffee and Networking
11:40 Working with SMEs
- Paul Uppal, Small Business Commissioner - With such a focus at this year’s conference on working with small and medium sized businesses, we are delighted to be joined by Paul Uppal, the Small Business Commissioner, to share his view on how to support the thriving ecosystem which drives so much of our sector.
12:00 Supporting Complex Supply Chains in Challenging Times: Lessons from Carillion
- Paul Uppal, Small Business Commissioner, will be joined on stage by a panel of experts - including;
- the Chief Executive of Build UK, Suzannah Nichol,
- Russ Grazier, Regional Head, Trade & Working Capital, Barclays and
- Kash Ahmed, Director, Bibby Financial Services - for a crucial session on what we have learned from this year’s Carillion fallout, and what measures we should put in place to mitigate the risks of an entire supply chain being compromised.
12:50 Lunch & networking
13:15 Lunchtime roundtable discussion on Debt Collection - During lunch, there will be a special 35-minute roundtable discussion on Debt Collection, with Small Business Commissioner Paul Uppal and Glen Morgan, Managing Director at Credebt. Places are strictly limited: email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up in advance.
14:00 GDPR: Compliance, Control & Confidential Invoice Finance - Successful factoring and invoice finance depend largely on the ability to confidentially share personal data, in order to be able to chase debt, which means that the implementation of GDPR across Europe will have a critical impact on invoice finance and ABL firms all over the world which trade on the continent. This essential session will explore what this means for member firms – not to be missed!
- Chaired by Jeff Longhurst (UK Finance), speakers will include David Petrie, (ICAEW), Evette Orams, (Hilton-Baird Financial Solutions), Ian Lindley, (PDT Solicitors) and John Brehcist (roundwindow).
15:05 Coffee & networking
15:30 Invoice Finance Fraud & Rick Exchange Forum - With data breaches and nation-state hacking at the top of everyone’s risk register, never has it been more relevant or timely to look at the impacts of fraud and cyber warfare across our industry. With experts from law, the security services and within the sector, this ‘Chatham House’ session will look at the real dangers for firms when every point of weakness in the supply chain is a potential target.
16:10 Summary & Closing Remarks - Broadcaster and financial journalist Naga Munchetty will be joined onstage by UK Finance’s MD Commercial Finance, Stephen Pegge, to summarise the key take-aways from the day and discuss next steps for members.
16:20 Conference close & networking
18:30 Drinks Reception, followed by Gala Dinner
Two Day Conference Tickets include access to the Welcome Reception networking event on 1 May 2018 at Leeds City Museum, the full Conference on 2 May and the evening Gala Dinner hosted by Naga Munchetty.
- Full two day Ticket Members and Associates - £650 (+VAT)
- Full two day Ticket Non Members - £999 (+VAT)
- Conference Day Only Ticket (Members and Associates only) £299 (+VAT)
A preferential rate has been negotiated with The Queens Hotel. To book a room click here: https://aws.passkey.com/go/IFABL2018. Further hotels will be added in due course.
Conference – Business Dress Gala Dinner – Business attire / lounge suits
By registering for and attending this event, you agree that your image may be used at any time, without further notification, for printed materials, websites, social media, live-streaming, webcasts, and other marketing and event purposes.
This event can not be booked on the ABFA website.
Please see the notes below or contact us for further details.